Sketchbook topics are assigned once a month. Students are required to pick one of the topics and turn it in to Mr. Belonio by the end of that month. Artists should feel free to use the sketchbook anytime they want.
Students can use their iPad Minis for their sketchbook assignments, but please make sure to print out the assignment turn in to my mailbox. Recommended apps are ArtStudio, Paper, Sketchbook Express, and Brushes Redux.
(Sketchbooks can be anything that holds blank paper. Please do not use notebooks.)
Make sure your NAME/CLASS are clearly marked on each monthly assignment.
Any bonus sketches can be emailed to me -
- Draw a cubist (abstract) design of any object.
- Draw a comic book cover of a superhero that you have created.
- Design your own Pokemon.
- Make an abstract face using picassohead.com (Printing the design may not work, but a screenshot is acceptable.)
- "Within Reach" (Reflections 2017-18 Theme) If you would like to turn in your assignment in for the program, please see me for the entry form.
- Who really lives in a galaxy far, far, away?
- Design a new and creative doughnut.
- Design your own jack o' lantern pumpkin or take a pic of a pumpkin you carved/decorated at home.
- Design your own sport. What does the equipment look like? How about the field?
- What are you thankful for?
- Draw a mythological beast/creature.
- Draw your favorite animal in it's natural environment. (Option: Take a photo with iPad and draw animals using Art Studio app)
- Draw a "Superhero Animal".
- Design your own movie poster or book cover.
- Metra's Safety Poster And/Or Essay Contest. www.metracontest.com
- What do you celebrate? Draw a festive, holiday scene.
- What would New Year's Eve 3018 look like?
- Create Your Own Holiday.
- Draw a futuristic vehicle/boat/aircraft.
- Metra's Safety Poster Contest. (See above.)
- What word best describes you? Write and design the word.
- Extreme Close-Up of an object.
- Create your own dream room.
- Design a CD cover.
- Enter Doodle 4 Google Art Contest.
- Draw an animal in a different environment. (e.g. fish out of water)
- Sports team logo (any sport to any made up team)
- Musical Instrument collage
- What you did over Spring Break.
- Create a cityscape.
- Design a comic strip using your own cartoon characters (Must be at least 4 panels long)